Saturday, April 18, 2020

Hall of Famers

I just posted the Hall of Famers in the 1971 and 1968 Topps sets and 1967 Philly Gum set. Here is the last in my 4-part series: 1972.

There are 53 Hall of Famers in the 1972 set.  I have 47 of them, all shown below.  There are six in the high-numbered 3rd series that I don't have.


I really don't like Topps' decision to print horizontal cards for all the teams whose name was less than 6 letters.

Not shown are Rayfield Wright (Dal), Alan Page (Minn), Dick LeBeau (Det), Tom Mack (LA), Jimmy Johnson (SF), and Winston Hill (NYJ).


Re-cap: 
6 - Chiefs, Cowboys
5 - Raiders
4 - Dolphins, Vikings
3 - Cardinals, Jets, Lions
2 - Bears, Colts, 49ers, Oilers, Rams, Steelers
1 - Bills, Broncos, Browns, Chargers, Falcons, Packers, Redskins
0 - Bengals, Eagles, Giants, Patriots, Saints

This is the 2nd time the Chiefs have led the way.  It's also the 2nd time the Eagles, Giants, Patriots, and Saints were shutout. (And the 3rd time for the Bengals!)

1 comment:

sg488 said...

How funny ,I flipped thru my 72 FB set about a month ago and counted 55 HOFers. Looks like you forgot about Larry Little and Charley Taylor